Rechercher dans ce blog

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Using a combination of memory in a Mac Mini - Mac Rumors

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.

Abdulhaq

macrumors regular

Original poster

Apr 23, 2013
157
8
I have a mid 2011 Mac Mini with a graphic card which was always breaking down and now I have bought a 2011 2.3 GHz Mac Mini with 2 GB ram which seems to be working fine. In my older Mac Mini I have 16GB Ram and I have connected it to my 65" 4K TV Monitor. I suspect the movies and videos played back by my mac mini through its 2GB resolution display gives a better picture quality on the 4K monitor than watching YouTube etc. directly on the Monitor. I may be wrong and I am not sure. In any case I want to give my new mac mini more memory. Let me know which of the following combination is best:

1) 8GB Dimm in each of mac mini (in this case only one memory slot will be populated)
2) 2 GB + 8 GB = 10 GB combination on each mac mini (in this case both the memory slots will be populated)

The ram memory is of the same specifications in either machine but from different manufacturers. I do not want to harm my mac mini by using an incorrect combnation. Any suggestion will be helpful.

Abdulhaq

macrumors regular

Original poster

Apr 23, 2013
157
8

Sorry it should be 8gb +1 Gb and not 8gb+2gb

Comment

Adblock test (Why?)


Using a combination of memory in a Mac Mini - Mac Rumors
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Lina, – The Brooklyn Rail - Brooklyn Rail

Goethe’s “To Lina” commands that the letters of the page, black on white, be not read but breathed so that our hearts “now can break.” What...